iOS 360º the complete iPhone/iPad/Mac Application development course
Introduction to iOS programming
Duration: two hours/ class
Location: 276 Prospect Park West, Brooklyn, NY, 11215
Meeting Times: Mon. 6 pm- 8pm, Wed. 6pm -8pm, Sat. Noon-2pm
Instructor: Got Nerds, Head iOS Developer Joshua Cleetus
Course Fee: $1,500 for the full course
How to register: Send registration email to email@example.com
2 month face-to-face classes that meet once a week for 2 hours and 2 hours practical.
An online discussion forum to promote interaction and collaboration
Small class size – limited to 10 students so that instruction can be tailored for each student.
1) Programming knowledge in at least 1 high level programming language (Objective C, Java, C++ / C / C#, Ruby, PHP, etc). Prior knowledge of Objective C is not required. If you do not have any previous programming knowledge, please inquire with us on training options to learn programming fundamentals.
2) A Mac computer (preferably portable – such as Macbook Pro or Macbook Air) that is running Lion (Mac OS X 10.7) needs to be brought to each class meeting. If you wish to rent a Macbook, please inquire with us before the course starts. During each lecture, there will be hands-on activities that will be performed that are related to the material being presented.
Course Objectives / Goals:
The primary goal of this course is to provide a solid background in both the basics of Objective C and iOS programming. The student shall be equipped with the necessary knowledge to be able to make modifications existing iOS applications as well as to create new iOS applications from scratch. The student will also be familiar with all of the steps that are required to successfully submit an app to Apple’s AppStore.
By the end of the course each student will have developed an original iOS application and/or added nontrivial enhancements to an existing iOS application to the point where it can be submitted to Apple’s AppStore. Details on this will be discussed during the first class.
What you will learn:
Fundamentals of Objective-C programming
- Understanding Classes, Objects, Methods
- Creating custom classes and defining instance/class methods
- Use inheritance and take advantage of polymorphism and dynamic typing
- Understand iOS memory management using ARC
iOS (iPhone/iPad) UI Development
- How to easily setup user interfaces in both Interface Builder and in code
- How to use text input fields (and scrolling view so that text fields are visible)
- Configure user interface to properly handle rotation and orientation changes
- Learn how to create Universal applications that run on both iPhone and iPad (and
- optimize UI experience on iPad).
- Use Core Animation
- Use Core Graphics APIs to do simple drawing
- Handle touch events
- Create and present editable tables of data – using UITableView.
- Handle low memory warnings to prevent application from shutting down.
iOS (iPhone/iPad) Framework APIs
- Consuming and interacting with web services – using JSON and XML
- Accessing User Photos and Camera within an application
- Use Location Services to identify a user’s location.
- How to play Audio and Video files
- Identify and use the appropriate data persistence mechanism for your app (Preferences file, Sqlite database, Core Data, or iCloud).
QA Testing / App Store submission
- Learn how to prepare and create builds for QA testing and AppStore submission
- How to use Testflight to make it easy for testers to get access to your app.
- Step by step discussion of how to submit a completed application to Apple.